View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 05:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Let's do our best together!

Thanks to legalmania for starting this thread. My father applied for social security disability June 2010 and was approved finally in Dec.2010 after months of sleepless nights and I want to share with others my family's story. My message to you all is to not let the worries get to you. Take time out to focus your energy on other things and let things be what they will be. I know it's easier said than done, but it's necessary for you and your family's well-being. We were so worried for the first three months that we were mentally exhausted asking ourselves "What if it get's denied..What if some info is missing..What if"
We got to the point where we said "That's it!We've done everything we can do so if it gets denied then it gets denied, all that would be left to do it to appeal..and if we have to appeal over and over again we'll do it if it comes down to it!" So we stopped worrying and let things run their course..

but ofcourse I do advise to be on top of the doctors/receptionists/nurses in charge of your case. Contact the medical examiner in charge of your case everytime you have to do a medical update(whether you have started taking new medicine, whether there's been a change in dosage quantity, whether you've seen a new doctor, whether you started taking therapy, anything). If you don't have a fax,get yourself one, it is a must. That way you have peace of mind that your info was received. Try to take all the right steps and remember to take things one step at a time. Paperwork is part of the process so don't get frustrated. Get all your things in order, ask many questions and you will have a better chance at getting approved. My advice would be to not leave everything up to others when it comes to your case. Take charge and have a positive outlook at the same time.

Godbless and don't lose hope, even if you get denied just try and try again. You are not alone, so many people get denied the first time but you just have to re-strategize and just do it! Don't lose confidence in your case, only you know your condition, only you feel the pain so you must fight for it!

and as a final note, always have god in your heart..he is the one fighting alongside with you and your loved ones.

Big hugs and kisses to all of you going through this process.
sakuranokaori is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-07-2012), legalmania (01-10-2011)