View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 05:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi jana,

I'm glad to have been some help you and your family. Epilepsy runs in my family genes and I always thought that my seizures weree family related but all of my family had tonic clonic (grand mal) seizures where I only had absence (petit mal) and complex parital along with simple partial (aura) seizures so I know it wasn't family related. If you haven't been keeping track of your aunts seizures tell your aunt or someone in your family to start writing down what time your aunt has a seizure along with a description of the seizure by doing this her neuro may see a pattern in her seizures as to what days of the month or what time of the day or night your aunt is more likely to have any seizure. Also tell your aunt to write down if there's a low pressure in the weather or if she's feeling sick because often time this might cause a seizure. You mention that your uncle had a seizure each time he heard the organ playing this is known as an audio seizure and that means certains sounds would trigger a seizure for him. In regards to your aunt staring she may be having absence seizures also known as petit mal seizures like I have. When I have this type of seizure I will just have a type of staring or daydream look on my face for a few seconds and then after the seizure is over I don't remember anything that has happened. It's almost like having amnesia for a few second or think of it as a drunk driver who doesn't remember driving home or anything that happened. I wish you and your family the best of luck. May God Bless All of You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote