Thread: ACDF Surgery
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
I just had a ACDF C5-6 C6-7. I realize that everyone is different, but can you share your recovery as far as lifting, driving, rotation of your neck and going back to work. I am a teacher and 4 weeks out of surgery. Had excessive swelling in my neck and was on a 5 day pack of steroids, using cervical stim for 4 hours a day. Thanks for your insight.
HI, Had the same surgery on Dec 21st, my neck, shoulder (right) and upper arm are still killing me!!! My voice has not fully come back, but thats ok. Doctor said the way they have you on the table during the surgery, is they rise up your shoulders so your head will actually just hang there, mine was 5 hours long, so he said your neck and shoulders are going to hurt for a few months just from that!! Did not have swelling and only used pain and muscle meds. As for doing things around the house, just a little at a time, I can feel it a few hours later!! Just started driving again last Thursday still kind of nervous, afraid to turn my head fast!! Well Good Luck to You!!
tinkabell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote