View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default You Will Never Guess What Happened!!!!!

I woke up, walked over to the computer and there are three green lights and ONE RED LIGHT where it says INTERNET, on my modem.

I go to myself UH OH!!!!

I start my computer, everything is working fine, I click on "internet explorer" and the software loads up but THERE IS NO INTERNET CONNECTION.
The light that is always green is now clear. NO RED, NO GREEN, NO COLOR.

I knew immediately I had no signal going through.

I call Verizon and listen to a message that "there was an outage in parts of New York, but that it is all fixed now". I look at my computer and go "oh really? I don't think so"

I call up Verizon and tell the tech guy what's happening and he goes. No, New York is running just fine". I go "so what is happening to my dsl line".

He has me put in all sorts of addresses in the url place. He has me go to start, run, typing in this and that. NOTHING WORKED. I'm going, oh my god, my modem broke or New York Is down, etc. etc.

Then I tell him "Oh, I recently changed my password to my verizon account (about 2 days ago). He goes "that's it"!!!

I said "what's it"??? this was 2 days ago and I've been accessing my mail, etc. going online". He goes, Believe me, that's it", when a person resets their verizon account password, they have to reset their modem".

I had no idea what he is talking about. So he walks me through all these steps. Then (and this is the important part because nothing was working, he had me hold down the control key (that was blocking the pop up stuff) and finally a MODEM SET UP WIZARD comes up on the screen.

This whole thing from beginning to end took one hour. I was so excited to see the green light come back on, I can't tell you.

Then I go to mailwasher pro AND IT DOESN'T WORK. Took me one minute to figure out I had to go to accounts, put my new password in, ETC. ETC.

All I can say is 'WHEW"!!!!!

I may be getting old but I CAN STILL LEARN AND DO STUFF!!!!

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote