View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So sorry I'm just responding. I didn't not see this with the crush of the holiday season. Anyhow, I would highly recommend Dr. Neal McGrath. He has an office in Boston/Brighton. Google his name and you will find his website. He is a neuropsychologist who had a son with a concussion. He got it right away, and offered REAL help. We also sought the help of Dr. Robert Canto who is a neurosurgeon. He practices out of Emerson Hospital in Concord, Mass. He is one of the country's leading authorities on sports concussions and works with professional athletes. You may have seen him in the news if you are looking out for sports concussion stories. We thankfully were medically cleared through him fairly quickly, but it was some time before we even got in to see him.

The number one most important piece of advice I would offer is to journal you son's symptoms daily. I found that gave me enormous credibility with the doctors. There was no denying what was written in black and white. It also helped us to see quicker than the docs what was working and what wasn't. For my son, complete brain rest (no tv, reading, video games, busy situations) for almost two weeks is what helped him turn the corner. Whether his brain was just ready to heal at that time or the rest really was the key we may never know. Good luck to you. I'm often not on here, so if I can be of any other help, feel free to e-mail me directly.
s.bosco@comcast.net
sbosco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote