View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tracy, Let me be very specific and clarify the difference for you.

You know that it is the MG when any weakness gets worse. Period. Lymes does not cause fatigable weakness. A neuropathy is nerve PAIN. Yes, nerve damage can affect muscles but it would not be a FATIGABLE change in your muscles unless you have a degenerative nerve disease process going on like MS. Even then, it would not FLUCTUATE from hour to hour or day to day. That is the MG.

So if you do something like stay up talking and you get weaker, it's MG.
If you do any repetitive or sustained activity and you get weaker, it's MG.
If rest makes you feel better, it's the MG.

Does that makes sense?

I am serious, you need to seek out some help. It doesn't matter if you are having IVIG. It may not be enough. An MG crisis will take you out really quickly. You have sounded like you are near one for some time now. I don't know if it's the newness of thinking about MG or denial that you have it or what but you have to take this seriously.

I'm not sure what is confusing you. MG can affect any of your 640 skeletal muscles. It can be as simple as doing a task and then getting weaker while doing it. Or it can be slightly more complicated, in that you can get even weaker a day or two after doing that activity. MG is NOT predictable.

The symptoms you are describing like the weak hands and the shaking is MG. I can't say 100% for certain because I'm not a doctor and don't know you! However, if those symptoms are "fatigable" and get better with rest, then it's MG.

I can't remember, but I hope you are taking sublingual methylcobalamin too for your small fiber neuropathy. It has been shown in studies to help heal those nerves. A 5 mg. tablet twice a day - or more - is a good idea. You can't get too much B12.

Tracy, you have to talk this over with an MG expert. Do you have an appt. coming up?

If you get so weak that you can't move well or can't keep your eyes open or can't breathe in OR out well, you have to dial 911. I'm not being overly cautious by telling you that. I've had a crisis. It can get so bad so quickly.

Most people don't regret going to the ER, especially if it keeps them from dying!

And whatever you do, don't drive yourself.

I hope you will get help and hope this info helped you out.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote