View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Member - New Colloid Cyst

I just found out I have a "3mm hyperdense lesion in the region of the foramen of Monro...", and is believed to be a colloid cyst. Had the CT scan and MRI done this past week and still waiting for my primary doc to get back to me. I was experiencing dizziness and severe headaches for the last 3 months. They originally told me it's being caused by lack of sleep and stress. I have a 2 year old that likes to get me up at 2 am and work sucks, made sense. That was 3 months ago. Another doctor in the same practice told me on a seperate visit, that it may be an inner ear infection. Put me on antibiotics and sent me on my way. Still having issues so they ordered the CT Scan. The doctors office didn't even call me back, I had to call them to get the results! The secretary on the phone read me the report and said I have a cyst. They called back later to say I should have an MRI done. Done, I called the docs office to see if they received the report. Again, the secretary answering the phone read me the results! What the hell!!! I asked her to have the doctor call me back. She told me there is nothing wrong with the MRI and I should be fine. I googled everything on the CT Scan report and WOW! What a surprise!! I think I need a neurosergeon. I love this forum and the fact that I can read others posts to see what is going on. Any one else in recovery after surgery? Trying to get an idea of what is to come.

Thanks!
kevburgh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote