View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

How interesting. I've never been diagnosed with TOS. And I don't have all of the symptoms, for instance, when I hold my arms up my hands don't go numb or turn white or whatever they are supposed to do to confirm the diagnosis.

But since I've had RSD, I get severe migraines when I use my arms for anything strenuous. (I had never had a migraine before I had RSD!) The migraines hit in the middle of the night or in the morning, 6-12 hours after the activity. I've learned to be really careful with how much stress I put on my arm and shoulder muscles and to not do anything that causes vibrations - like raking - to go up my arms into my neck and head. My RSD was from a rotator cuff injury in Nov of 2006. I also sleep with a foam cervical pillow to keep my neck straight, because my neck is also a weak spot for me.

My PT gave me neck stretches to do that have helped enormously. I try not to let the muscles in the side and back of my neck get too tight because I think that could also be a contributing factor for my migraines.

I am much better than I was because of low dose ketamine infusions (I just had #32 on Friday), and my functionality has slowly started to improve. But I still need to be really, really careful with my arms. I was a lifeguard on the beach when I was younger, and really built, but now my shoulders and arms are all skinny from disuse. Its kind of a bummer...

Good to see you posting Kathy, welcome back!! XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep smilin View Post
Pete,

So you have been thru the mill with vehicle accidents and the trauma too.. like many here.. So TOS does not go away?? ie. arm strength and headaches..I too am a migraine headache.. morning wake-up headches are especially terrible .. I attributed them to RSD..Some reason my thoraxic surgeon cut my sympathetic nerve bilaterially during my rib removal.. that surgery was no picnic..and I had it twice..one rib both sides..UHG!!

I wish you and everyone here a great night..Thanks for your post, Pete..

KS
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote