View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
How interesting. I've never been diagnosed with TOS. And I don't have all of the symptoms, for instance, when I hold my arms up my hands don't go numb or turn white or whatever they are supposed to do to confirm the diagnosis.

But since I've had RSD, I get severe migraines when I use my arms for anything strenuous. (I had never had a migraine before I had RSD!) The migraines hit in the middle of the night or in the morning, 6-12 hours after the activity. I've learned to be really careful with how much stress I put on my arm and shoulder muscles and to not do anything that causes vibrations - like raking - to go up my arms into my neck and head. My RSD was from a rotator cuff injury in Nov of 2006. I also sleep with a foam cervical pillow to keep my neck straight, because my neck is also a weak spot for me.

My PT gave me neck stretches to do that have helped enormously. I try not to let the muscles in the side and back of my neck get too tight because I think that could also be a contributing factor for my migraines.

I am much better than I was because of low dose ketamine infusions (I just had #32 on Friday), and my functionality has slowly started to improve. But I still need to be really, really careful with my arms. I was a lifeguard on the beach when I was younger, and really built, but now my shoulders and arms are all skinny from disuse. Its kind of a bummer...

Good to see you posting Kathy, welcome back!! XOXOX Sandy
Sandy,

Interesting again, as I have found I can not sleep at night with any around my neck such a hoodie sweatshirt and due to the hood.. as I always wake up with these miserible headaches .. the pain is worse on the left side of my head..all of this since my RSD..

I appreciate you welcoming me back..thank you very much..I am trying very hard .. just still trying to get thru my heart broken merky waters.. but Iam really trying..

Hugz, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote