View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Go to the ER

Go to the ER. The ER is not a waste of time for folks whose PCM show no concern for the sudden debilitating condition you are in. Sounds like you have a disc buldge at L5-S1 or L4, what ever the size of it now, it can get larger after the first incident. I understand that some people (20's to 30's in age) are able to reduce it with PT. But you will not know if an MRI is not done before and after your PT. Do whatever it takes to find out. Be forceful when speaking to your Doc. They are not paying for the MRI, your INS company, that you are paying prem's for is. Just need PCM to refer. I knew I have a problem in my neck, but just worked out with weights a few times a week. But one day several years later, I took a few steps and it hit me hard. The pain was unbearable. It tooks 3 weeks to get back to work, but still in pain, but walking (happened many times, afraid to go anywhere for fear it would happen in public). It only got worse and put strain on rest of my back. I let it go, so the lack of excercise from the L5, eroded the L4 disc and I started feeling a stabbing in my back and neck started killing me. So I ask for a Full spine MRI. I have herniated disc in neck and protruding disc. Protruding disc in Throacic spine, and herniated and proruded disc in the Lumbar. Saw a surgeon and still under care. Be proactive know what is going on with your body and why, don't let these overworked Doc's tell you it is just muscle strain. I have not slept a decent night since I can remember. If I move at all in my sleep my whole back from top to bottom, sends me in orbit, feels like my spine itself is being crunched. If my husband touches me slightly with his foot, back spams in neck and lower spine practically make me scream out loud. Don't wait to get this taken care of. Sorry for the lenght, just want you to demand. We all tend to try to forget the problem when we get mobile for a bit again.
Evreux is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote