View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

My suggestion is to quit thinking about it and go in. They can give you Mestinon, they can call your neuro, do oxygen saturation, arterial blood gases, monitor your heart, etc. It's very important that you do this. There'll be plenty of time to think on that hard gurney or when you get better.

A lack of oxygen adversely affects the heart, brain and kidneys and can cause damage.

When you roll over and go to sleep, you may be giving yourself some improvement but it's not enough at this point. Muscles get even weaker when you sleep and it's hard to know if you are hypoxemic while sleeping. Or if you'll stop breathing altogether.

Do you live alone? Is the hospital far away? Whatever you do, you can't drive there yourself. If your insurance covers ambulances, you really need to dial 911. They immediately put oxygen on you and check your vitals.

And going two hours to see a neuro right now is dangerous. He can help you over the phone.

Please go in. I would bet that if your neuro knew about this or you had a pulmonlogist, they would both tell you to go in. I hope you'll be okay.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote