View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 04:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Tracy, Gosh you are in bad place. My eyes are so bad today along with the rest of me cause I just got a lot worse because a cavalier ENT 'bathed' my nose with local anesthetic. There is so much unknown with MG. That is one of the few things I know for sure about MG. I do think it will make a difference that you are diagnosed. You sound like you have gotten worse.

"I can look back and tell you last year, I raced to the ER once unable to breathe. I was diagnosed with bronchitis, even though the breathing treatments only seemed to make me worse. The inhalers they prescribed only made me worse. When they finally prescribed Prednisone I could breathe again. But I was sent home and just lived with it until they prescribed the Prednisone. I'm wondering if I knew I had MG, if they would have treated that differently."

I am very famliar with this statement. This is exactly why I drag my feet and have told my daughters I wont go to ER unless I am obviously not breathing. I do have to add that since the last 2 ER visits in 09 I have gotten Lifeline medalion so I can just push that I will get someone here. Everytime I have gone to ER 1) they dont test my breathing unless I ask. They assume if I can talk at all I am breathing fine. I get the 'in your head' look. 2) have gotten worse because of the trip only to go home and have to try to deal with that alone (once I was admitted but again not tested for breathing and ended up with a very stressful neuro visit by someone I had never seen).

I do think it will make a difference tho that you have a diagnosis and if I had that I would go sooner. It is just till that is on paper I am sunk. That is the Hell I live. You sound like you are in a bad decline. I know that place where your breathing seems OK but only cause you're not talking. I am there every day now. I just pray a more definitive test comes thru to help my treatment.

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote