View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 08:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

If the noise sensitivity or emotions are just before every seizure and there's nothing there to cause it such as a loud noise, or something to **** him off or depress him. That could be his aura's, the sign that a seizure is about to happen. for a temporal lobe seizure a moderately common aura is mode swings. My doc was never able to see what caused my seizures in a CT scan or a MRI either. They finally saw that I have a ton of scarring on the temporal lobes that cause my seizures when I had my first major brain surgery. I had the right temporal lobectomy. That GREATLY reduced the amount of seizures I was having. I was having over 100 per month, and then after the lobectomy I was having 8 to 12 per month.
Sincerely
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonsmom View Post
My 16 year old son had his first and only (so far) seizure last month. It was a grand mal seizure but CT scan and EEG both came back normal. He has a cochlear implant, so an MRI is not an option. Since the seizure, he has had noise sensitivity issues nearly everyday. Just prior to his seizure, he remembers hearing a loud noise, almost like a buzzing sound. Since the seizure, he does not complain of the buzzing sound, just that sounds are too loud all of a sudden. I have also noticed that he is more anxious and more easily agitated since his seizure, and he is also having difficulty sleeping at night. I'm trying to understand what is going on with him, but the doctors do not seem concerned. The noise sensitivity concerns me because he has never had that before and I'm trying to determine if that is directly related to the seizure.
shawn33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote