View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 10:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyK View Post
Hazzell,
One of the most frustrating experiences with this PCS or MTBI has been the foggy brain.

Some days I just wake up that way, and all I want to do is sleep. I can't do much of anything when my brain is foggy. My energy level is very low. I just go through the day in a fog and hope the next day is better.

I haven't found anything that really helps except to rest. I think its just part of the brain's reaction to PCS. I also find that if I do too much the day before - too much, meaning too much for me - the chances of having a foggy brain the next day are higher.

I hope that you find something that helps you.

ShellyK
Hi Shelly,

Thanks for writing! I too experience that- sometimes, usually actually, I wake up feeling foggy. Sometimes, after I get going I have some time that I feel a little better but then my energy decreases and my head feels tired and filled with fog, talking and moving get harder.

As you mentioned, it also happens when I do to much. And "too much" changes day to day. I'm trying to learn how to figure out when to push myself and when to rest.

I find that if I listen to my body instead of my head to answer "do I push or not?", things turn out better. What I think I want to do or should do is sometimes different than what I can actually do. This is really frustrating. I usually want to do much more. I try to appreciate what I can do- but it's still frustrating.

Thanks for letting me know about your experiences and how rest helps!
-Hazzell
Hazzell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote