View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 10:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman24 View Post
I have the mud and foggy also as well as bad headaches. I have post concussion syndrome from multiple head injuries and I am just not the same. I agree with not relating or talking to anyone that has not had any of this bc they just do not understand. I am struggling with work now and never want to go and when I do go, im miserable. Im only 24 and need to work but I just dont know what to do and how to go about doing it. I see a neurologist and tried a lot of medication, now im doing therapy for my neck but I just dont know???

George
Hi George & Mark,

I'm also doing therapy for my neck- I have misalignments (also called subluxations) with my occiput, atlas and axis. My range of motion is quite limited and have a lot of tension in my neck. In fact, for a while, my neck was so tense that swallowing was difficult. But manual therapy did help to reduce the tension enough so that I can swallow easily- there are still misalignments, tension and decreased range of motion. So I'm doing physical therapy for that.

George, what type of therapy are you doing for your neck? I've struggled with work too. I find certain types of work are more depleting than other types of work for me. Do you like the type of work you do but are too tired/foggy to enjoy it? Or would like a career change?

I'm going through a career transition right now and am thinking a lot about the type of work I really enjoy, find purposeful, and is not draining. I've also been thinking a lot about how to set up a work life for myself that is not depleting- ie when to take breaks, is working from home better than commuting etc. I'd like to add other dimensions to my career but am concerned about whether this would backfire due to low energy/brain fog.
Trying to come up with something good.
-Hazzell
Hazzell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote