View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Latest update. This week has been very hard for both Claire and her parents. Especially her Daddy (my nephew).

"The last few days have been intense to say the least. I know that everyone has been waiting for an update, but I have not been able to emotionally recount all that is or has occurred. Claire is sleeping right now and is somewhat comfortable. She is having diarrhea cramping that we are not able to control with pain meds. The only thing that will alleviate her pain is for her white blood cells to come back. This will clear up the mucousitis.

I have been able to somewhat turn off my emotions to get through the past few days. I believe God gave me this ability to help me do what has to be done. I'm sure when we are through this I will have a flood to deal with. God has strengthened me with patient endurance when I've needed it the most.

I praise the Lord for His tender mercy. Claire spiked a fever which we expected. The past 24 hours she did not have a fever which means that all of the antibiotics they were giving her are working. He fever came back this morning and the doctor explained that is most likely an in-grafting fever. This is what happens when the cells are starting to grow bone marrow! Also, she showed some white blood cells in her blood work!! So even though she is at the bottom the ride up is just around the corner. Please pray that the white blood cells continue to grow and that she is relieved very soon. The doctor said that her counts could go back down tomorrow which is very likely. They may go up and down for the next couple of days, but it's a good sign."

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (01-10-2011), Darlene (01-10-2011), Friend2U (01-10-2011), gramE (01-10-2011), hollym (01-10-2011), SandyC (01-11-2011), TwoKidsTwoCats (01-11-2011)