View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 11:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post-Concussion Success Story!

Hello All!

I just wanted to post my success story to spread a little positive vibe throughout the forum. I had a concussion in July 2010 due to a waterlogged soccerball to the right side of my head. I initially suffered 3 weeks of vertigo that caused complete insomnia during that period. After that, the symptoms morphed into a continuous throbbing headache when lying down (aka still not getting any sleep at this point because of the noise in my head) as well as Occipital Neuralgia. I also struggled with Major Depression due to the concussion which I had never before had to deal with in my life. I tried MANY drugs but there were none that overly helpful at all. In the latter few weeks of dealing with the symptoms I did find Omega Fish Oil (Brain) did help give my brain a boost. I was given Zyprexa for 1 month near the end of my concussion struggles to regulate my sleep cycle again. This may be helpful to those of you who cannot sleep at night but I caution the use of this drug. It will make you sleep for 14 hours a night, but at least the brain has time to heal. Now, 6 months later I am off all drugs, have gone back to the gym (able to do 40 minutes cardio), and will return to college in the fall. I have no more post-concussion symptoms. There were times where I thought life just was not worth living, but please listen when I say it WILL get better and you WILL recover. Keep on truckin'. Let me know if there are any questions regarding my recovery. I'd be happy to help! This was my third documented concussion and the only one I had symptoms with.

Cheers,

Carmell
carmell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BeccaP (01-27-2011), bh_pcs (02-01-2012), Concussed Scientist (01-11-2011), Eowyn (01-31-2012), EsthersDoll (01-31-2012), Grady Lady (02-08-2012), Klaus (01-31-2012), Shady (08-13-2014), SpaceCadet (01-31-2012)