View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 11:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh no Annie, so you don't have a positive test yet? And you sound like you are really advanced, too! Yes I was wondering exactly that, now that I know I have this, will the ER treat it differently?

Last year, when I couldnt' breathe, had I known I had MG then, would they have admitted me and taken it seriously, because looking back I think I was really so close to a crisis then I'm lucky to be alive!

My breathing seems to change by the hour. One hour I can only count to 8 or 9, then I rest and I can count to 15 an hour later. But again, I've done nothing but lie in bed and not talk.

IVIG gives me a "flu like" serum reaction sometimes. I woke up at 6 am today feeling so much better. I think I was definitely dealing with that reaction, but I also think that reaction was making the MG much worse. Which is odd, because I know IVIG is used to treat MG, even though I get it for something else. How odd that the side effects of IVIG can actually make your MG worse for the first few days????

I'm hoping that is all it was. Today I go out to my PCP so we'll see. It will be first activity at all in a week. Right now I can count to 12. Hopefully this outing won't set me back. If it does I promise to go to the ER.
Tracy9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote