View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 01:51 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchr012 View Post
Well, today I woke up in a horrible amount of pain where my incision is The whole left side of my back is spasming really bad and of course the stim is not covering that kind of pain. It has not been this bad in awhile and my pain med is not helping, so I left a message with my pain doctor nurse to get refill of the other stuff that was helping. I hope they do that because I am miserable I also started my classes today and the pain is so bad again that I can't sit by the computer very long. I guess I need to cut back on my activities again and try to rest today. This is so frustrating
Tara it is frustrating indeed, but I suppose you have to be careful not to overdo it as you only have your stim on a few days and even though you feel great your body needs to rest too as its still early days since your surgery.

I have to admit that the stim does NOT cover the pain in my back as it does in my legs......I do get great relief in my legs at night and when Im sitting on my couch its so relaxing. I have to say that when Im walking I dont get the sensations as strong as I do while Im lying or sitting down, so that need addressing. I can understand also when you say that if you turn UP the stim to cover your pain that then impacts on the incisions. I find that the actual sensation from turning the stim up too high is worse than the actual pain itself, so its a catch 22 situation.

But I hope that you can get this sorted out soon and get the meds that you need to help you again.....

Saffy I would DEFINITLEY ring the secretary, you know you do need to keep on at them to make sure they dont forget, as they would have a lot of patients and you could get 'lost' among the crowd. Im never one for sitting back and waiting I will ALWAYS make my voice heard when Im waiting for someone to phone me back......hope you get some good news soon though!

Jackie
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (01-10-2011), Rrae (01-10-2011)