View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default dear mz

no I was not lucky to recieve a favorable decision the first few rounds. I was not able to do any of the paperwork on my own, even though I wanted to. There was a trust from my mother that played hell with what the agencies had for its rules. I had to spend the money for the attorney, as this trust existed at the time. I do not think after this experience I would advise any parent to leave a trust to a child having medical issues. My mother tried to help me as she knew before she died that I was having medical problems. This trust complicated all matters in the tens of degrees. I was not allowed to keep my familys' trust. I was required to use all assets and go broke before I was able to receive my benefits. All my parents savings were required to be used and that was not hard to do with 7 surgeries. The whole process is lousy to go through lawyer or not. People who are sick and injured have so much more on their plate to deal with. When you are in pain it is hard to do anything at all much less have to yak with all these agencies. Even when you have a real case, real dissability, it is not easy. Just venting again to day, since I am writing letters and sending certified mail again. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote