View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 05:03 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
no I was not lucky to recieve a favorable decision the first few rounds. I was not able to do any of the paperwork on my own, even though I wanted to. There was a trust from my mother that played hell with what the agencies had for its rules. I had to spend the money for the attorney, as this trust existed at the time. I do not think after this experience I would advise any parent to leave a trust to a child having medical issues. My mother tried to help me as she knew before she died that I was having medical problems. This trust complicated all matters in the tens of degrees. I was not allowed to keep my familys' trust. I was required to use all assets and go broke before I was able to receive my benefits. All my parents savings were required to be used and that was not hard to do with 7 surgeries. The whole process is lousy to go through lawyer or not. People who are sick and injured have so much more on their plate to deal with. When you are in pain it is hard to do anything at all much less have to yak with all these agencies. Even when you have a real case, real dissability, it is not easy. Just venting again to day, since I am writing letters and sending certified mail again. ginnie
I am so sorry things are not going good for you. I can't say I know how you feel because nobody really knows how someone else feels, however some people have an idea of how you feel and it sounds like lousy might describe it. I guess your mother would have never left you that money had she known it was going to make things so bad for you. It sounds like you are trying to get things under control. May I suggest that when you write the letters try to use rules or statutes. For example write according to Title 42 section 435.120 (B) it says...... If you find this to hard let me know and maybe I can help you find the right statute or rule that applies to you. When you go to the SSI.gov website you can find these statutes if you go to the search window. By sending it certified is good that way they can't say they didn't receive it. Well hope you feel a little better and if you need something we are all here for you.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-07-2011)