View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Hello, I vented the other day. You may know about this, I do not. I applied for and received medicade since last april 10. This has now been taken away starting this Jan. The exact sentance stated "You are not eligible for dcf Medicaid because ssa found you to be eligible for ssi medicaid." There was no explaination that I could understand nor do I know all processing. I am lost. I was dumped on the phone 3 times after a wait of 40 minutes each. I wrote back asking for my caseworker to call me RIGHT away. No answer, so I don't know whats happening. I feel sick in my stomach, as it has been such an effort up until this point. I thought my work was over and I could heal from my last surgery. I am fed up and tired. Help please people, legal aid,so I can rest. I need response so I can sleep. love to all and Yes I God in my heart as so many of your odginnie
It sounds like they put you on SSI Social Security Income Medicaid and took you off DCF Department of Children and Families medicaid. Did you get a card in the mail? I'm not to familiar with how SSI medicaid works but they should pay for most of your medical bills. Especially your surgeries. I think you can submit past bills I'm not sure how far back. Do you feel good enough to go into your local office? If you do I would ask for an appointment take all your bills and letters you have received and get them to explain it all to you. If they won't pay for certain medications you can call the medicaid pharmacy and see what they will pay for. If anyone is familiar with medicaid could you please join in and help ginnie. I know you're going through a lot, it sounds like you're going in the right direction. Keep us informed and we will continue to try and help.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote