View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Have you seen your medical records? The first pulmo I saw devastated me when he seemed to dismiss me. But after getting a copy of the doctors reprt and the test reports including an overnite sleep oxymetry test (I think this is the name). I saw some very big drops in oxygen level in the overnite study and that was on only 3 hours of sleep cause they insisted they HAD to have the unit back at 11am.

AT that time my sleep was so disturbed by wakings and such to get enough sleep I slept till 11am often to get enough! Turned out that pulmo was not very good at all. When he saw my xray was clear he just treated like it was nothing and couldnt be anything as if anything would have to show up there. When I called during winter and was so upset because I couldnt run my heat because it would hurt my lungs so bad all I got was a presciption for this really strong inhaler. It had been months and he didnt even chk me. It turned out that that was the big turn with my Sjorgens that causes my lungs to be so dry I have to humidifiers or I do have severe reaction to forced air heat. My current pulmo gets this. He had to research it but he didnt dismiss me.

I also read that he noted a restrictive breathing process tho he didnt tell me this. This is an example of the 'little' things you can see if you read your records yourself. This pulmo thing was back in 05. Now I am diagnosed with the same but am alot worse.

Have you had an overnite oxymetry test? A full round of pulmo lab tests?

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote