View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplaura View Post
I agree with SallyC based on my own experience with Neurontin/neuralgia. It did nothing and the withdrawal was fierce.
Okay I'm on Neurontin and I hate it! I hate the way it makes me feel (can't even stand to walk because of being so dizzy and light headed). I hate it so much I asked my doctor to take me off of it! I didn't feel it was doing me any good and it causes terrible side effects. I can only take it at night. So my doc said sure you can stop, just go ahead and stop all at once Yeah, I tried to taper off, then I realized it actually was handling the horrible burning pain in my legs. I'm also on Tegretol for Trigeminal Neuralgia and Amitriptyline for a headache that never went away for three years. That is the only thing to help my headaches, they're still there, just not as bad. But the Tegretol and the Amitriptyline do nothing for the burning in my legs. I have backed the dosage of the Neurontin down and I wont let them up it for anything other than if my leg pain worsens now. I get it now that it does nothing for my other pains.

I would love to come off of all these medicines, but being able to function is important and so far I have not found any other way to do that.

So Neurontin does suck, but it does help with at least one pain for me.

If you need medicine and can't tolerate the pain you're in, talk to your doctor. But if the Neurontin doesn't work ask your doctor to find something else for you to try.

I hope you find something that helps!
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (01-10-2011), SallyC (01-10-2011)