View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Yes, please call

Welcome to the forum!
As seems a unanimous response, CALL. It is in NO way putting a wrench in your Reps lives, this is what they get paid to do.

Nothing to panic about, but it would be very wise to go with your instinct of knowing that something has gone 'amis'. Especially if you have the percutaneous leads and only one month out.....it's very likely your lead migrated when you stooped down. I'm pretty sure this is similar to what happened in my case and the mistake I made was not addressing it sooner.
All they have to do is take a peak either by xray or fluoroscopy to see if one of your leads may have moved or come loose from the anchor(s).

If a simple revision is in order, don't be fearful.....just indicate that you would like more local anesthetic be used this time around . It won't be near as involved as your surgery because he won't have to cut a 'pocket' for your battery. All he'd do is go back in thru your upper incision and pull the lead back up. Hopefully using more sutures to hold it in place.

PLEASE let us know how it goes!
I'm presently waiting for a revision due to one of my leads migrating and it would have been no big deal if I would have caught it early on. Now I'm facing the fear that this lead has had ample time to scar in to the position it has migrated down to.

Caring!
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (01-11-2011), edever34 (01-11-2011), Mark56 (01-11-2011)