View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 10:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcs View Post
I was awarded back pay over a month ago. I kept calling ss to find about my status on payment. They kept telling me they were waiting on Social Services to tell them how much I owed to them (I was on Temporary Disabled Adult Program in Maryland that paid me $185 a month for 15 mos.). I talked to my Social Worker last week and she said they gave ssdi the info they needed. I asked her to call ssdi and she did. I talked to her today and she said the person from ssdi said "because of technical difficulties, they cant find the info in the computer. I've called my "contact person" at Social Security and keep getting her voice mail. I leave a msg. and don't get a call back. I think she just doesn't want to tell me they screwed up and don't know what they are going to do to straighten it all out.
Does anyone have any ideas on who I could contact to help me get this SNAFU fixed?
I've been living in my parents basement for 2 1/2 yrs. and I'm broke (they cut me off the state program) and ready to move on with my life, as pitiful as it is.
It is reasonable to expect retroactive benefits in 90 days. Your case is still being processed, along with all the others who are in various stages. Doubtful you can do anything. Doubtful the case is 'screwed up'.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote