View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wswells View Post
I have had RSD since 1986, total body, including internal, have had too many blocks to count, sympathectomies before they realized they don't work I live in Florida traveled to see Dr. schwartman twice, have seen Dr. Kirkpatrick a couple of times.
The Dr.s say I'm not a candidate for ketamine, don't understand.
My question is to the people who have had any kind of ketamine treatment, if the ketamine is so great, why do so many still have to stay on the meds they were on? I thought the whole reason for ketamine was stop the pain, to me that means we would be able to get off the crappy meds we take, excluding heart meds or such.
Any answer would be appreciated, then maybe I could again approach my Dr. abou this.
Thanks, Wendy
I havent had Ketamine but from my understanding of it, its just like a block. you have to continue the treatment over a long period of time in order to get some type of result. i have had mulitple blocks as well but when i switched to a new doctor they told me that the blocks caused a high rate of paralysis in children so i am not getting any more blocks... ever! instead of the blocks i do physical therapy, and believe it or not swimming actually helped me alot. i dont know if you can swim or if you would want to try, im just giving suggestions. i hope you find some relief soon
snowboarder13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CarlaDanDan (01-11-2011)