View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 12:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you.

It is indeed a tragedy. The news said nationally we have about 3 mass shootings a year, this one hit close to home.

Probably one of the things that makes me madder than the shooting itself, is how people turn it political. "we need gun control" "we need this-that--.

At this time, we should be focusing on grieving and helping the survivors, the families of the slain, and the crowd that is affected by the trauma of the shooting. It's NOT about politics.

That being said, I feel the need to say,

1) Gun control doesn't work. Washington D.C. has the strictest gun control in the country, and last week 7 people died from gun shots. No matter the gun control, bad guy's will ALWAYS get the guns.

2) I am totally pro 2nd amendment. I own guns. I had hunted all my life before MS. If more citizens carried guns (either concealed or open) maybe the gunman wouldn't have been able to shoot all 18 victims.

Anyway, I DO NOT want this to get political. Lets pray for everyone affected.

sorry, didn't mean to rant, I am headed to Tucson tomorrow for the memorials, Obama will be there and it will be a circus, which is sad. I will let you know how it goes.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (01-11-2011), Lady (01-11-2011)