View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Yes that should work & be a good way to find out if it is the wires or the computer.

Did you ever make the back up & restore cd's when it kept popping up with that notice suggesting it? last spring I think it was.

But now before it gets worse is the time to do it and save/back up any important files that are on it.

After you get the back ups all done and the restore cd made- then you should be able to do a reinstall & start fresh again.

**But you should read up on how to on the HP website so you know the best steps to take and how they suggest you do it.**

You could just have some scrambled/cluttered files and the system is clogged up.

I don't know exactly what the computer place did to fix it last time - did they do a restore or re-install, or cleaned out some junk files?.

Last time, (some months ago), the computer guy had to replace the motherboard. That took a long time (it came from China), he separated the hard drive and backed up everything for me.

So are you saying I can back up all my microsoft word documents? How do I do this? My dvd drive does not work, but I have a cd drive.

Can I re-format my hard drive (or can't I just have my computer re-set to factory defaults or something like that.

By the way, wouldn't backing up files possibly keep a virus (if indeed I have one), well, how do I know that a virus is not hiding in anything I back up.?

this is so confusing.

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote