View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 05:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Friends in Tucson were close to the family. Her son Bobby was on the front page of the AZ Republic paper on Sunday. It was near to where DD and my friends live. I do not know as of yet if my friend was there attending the meet-and-greet.

I have nothing against guns but...it was sold to a loony with no background check. The gun held thirty bullets, not exactly time for anyone else holding a concealed weapon (I heard there was at least two people carrying concealed weapons) to react.

Guns are deterred by others having guns too? Imagine a shoot out. How many more bystanders would be hurt/killed in the melee?

It is not about a second amendment right to own a gun.

It is about regulations on gun control. How many bullets in a magazine? Is thirty too much? I say yes, thirty is too much. I have no problem restricting your freedom as to how many bullets your gun can shoot at one time.

Why carry a gun to a grocery store? Guns at a shooting range, good. Guns at a political event, bad.

The guy was crazy, no doubt. But there have been too many mass killings with guns capable of getting off huge amounts of bullets in a very short time span.

Yes it is about how sad this is but it is also about what can be learned. I don't want to separate the mourning from how it happened.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (01-12-2011), Lady (01-11-2011), SallyC (01-11-2011)