View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default One thing about many meds? IS they affect sleep..

Especially DREAMS! Many docs ignore this portion? Make it an either/or situation:
Pain relief-no dreams/pain+dreams.
DO carefully look up any and all meds...on-line. What I do? is ask for samples say 10 days worth? To see IF IT and I can get along. In the meantime, looking up the FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION and going down the lists of common and uncommon side effects? Plus my being on a 'new' med? Well, you can figger out IF it's got plusses and minuses and to which degree the + or the - is worth it all.
I chose good sleep, ultimately over pain relief. WHY? Because I'd not really slept well at the time- for 3+ years? And because I was going on other meds for other med-issues that could complicate it all further.
Once you've been put on full morpheine for an injury? And it doesn't do a THING for your pain? You must make a decision to just live with it. Or cope.
But then, we are each different PEOPLE, and as such, act/react differrently to all sorts of meds.
Thus learn about the meds? And deal with the pros and cons once known.
Further? Once off meds? Dreams can and do become well? 'STRANGE'. Your body is 'acting out' for not being able to 'dream' and you are getting some 'pay back'. Likely big time. Some of the dreams I had once off meds? Well, they were doozies! and beyond! But better than horror movies times 17!
Good luck and keep faith! 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Karenswails (01-12-2011)