View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Your Bookmarks are saved on your computer only , unless you saved them somewhere else - like a cd ir flash drive.

usually when you back up your documents & settings - the bookmarks are saved too.
To be sure just go bookmarks in the FF tool bar and go to organize bookmarks.
click on import & backup - to make a saved file and save it to a location you can find easy later on.
Hi.

I have been playing around and this is what I just did.

I found a Lightscribe HP CD-R 52X 700mb data disc

I put it in the Lightscribe rom drive.

I went to my desktop and saw the icon "Alan's favorites" and I clicked on it, clicked copy, then went to my computer, saw the Drive in which I had the lightscribe disc and right clicked and selected COPY.

So it copied the whole thing.

I then wanted to see what it looked like.

I went to 'my computer", saw the disc in the Lightscribe thing, and I clicked on "open", it asked me "what do you want to use to open this', I selected "Wordpad" because I have no idea what I am doing.

Well, what was there was all kinds of nonsense. It had given me many options to open this file. ONe of which was Firefox.

I did not know if I was supposed to click on that.

Please tell me what I am supposed to do with the copy of Alan's favorites that I now have on a Lightscribe HP CD-R52X (or am I even supposed to have done this).

I am still learning. Never did this before.

thanks much

Melody

P.S. I went to the Back up Windows XP thing and it says you have to insert a Windows CD Rom, ...I don't have one.

This is VERY confusing for me. I know it's a walk in the park for young ones, but this is so confusing to me.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote