View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
just make sure that file gets saved to the cd and then when you reinstall everything copy that file back from the cd ( or flash drive which ever you use to store your backed up files & settings)

I usually save mine in my documents section - then it for sure will get copied & saved during the back up procedure.
you can drag/drop it or just make a copy and place it in the documents folder.

so after all the back ups are done and you have reinstalled windows & FF
- then when you open FF it asks if you want to import anything - say yes and select your file - find your favs or bookmarks file and click it. it should add it right back in to the program for you.
If not after you have it open go to bookmark /organize and in the same import/backup area click that and add the file in that way.

this might explain it better than I did
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...ring-bookmarks
I have another stupid question. Can't I buy a flash drive, copy all my documents, etc, (does this include email?), and copy all this stuff to my flash drive, then re-format my hard drive so it's like it was when it was new, then I can stick the flash drive in the flash drive slot (I think it's the Compactflash1/11 think on the front of my computer???)

and then I can copy the stuff from my flash drive back into my computer?

Or is this NOT feasible.

I am trying to go easy on my brain here. I have NEVER copied anything, (I did burn one thing once but that's a long time ago), I have never used a flash drive or a memory stick/pro or a Smart Media /xD or any of the things in the front part of my computer. It's a HP Media Center and it's 7 years old but I've never really used it as a media center if you know what I mean.

I just do my Flip videos and that's fine with me.

Any help here is very much appreciated.

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote