View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How to decipher if you are in a flare...

I don't get it... I think I do, but I just don't....

I know if you are doing too much you will become symptomatic and seem like you are in a flare, but really it's just a pseudo-exacerbation, your body saying stop, and if you rest you're back to fine...

And I know that when you are in a flare that old and new symptoms come to life...

Here's the thing.. I have at least one of my symptoms everyday (usually more than 1) whether it be neuropathy in different places of my body, poor balance, weakness, spasms/spasticity, optic pains and vision problems, cognitive issues, the irritable for no reason then crack up laughing and have no reasoning for it, cognitive issues and so on.. I am guaranteed to experience spasms and spasticity everyday,and usually neuropathy, those have been things that seem to always be there..

So I am having a hard time telling when I am in a true flare. I said the time before last that the next time I went into a flare I would know for sure, well, I thought I just was having some bad days a couple months ago and the neuro said that I was in another flare and did a prednisone taper... I honestly didn't think I was in a flare, it's almost like my MS manipulates me to make me think I am not as bad as what I really am..

I believe I am in one now, I don't want to call my neuro though because I know he will say steroids. I don't want to do steroids. I have had enough of them. Until I am not walking again I' not doing them.

So I am asking
how you distinguish a true flare?
can you naturally come out of a flare?

I know when you're flaring that damage being done is permanent, and that's bad, but I just don't like what the steroids do to my body and mind, they change me as a person for about a month or so, and I don't like who I am at that point..

I am currently experiencing my old symptoms but I've got this new symptom.. burning/freezing sensation in the bottom section of my left arm/hand.. Pain in my 'good' eye and my energy level is terribly poor in my opinion.

Is there anything I can do besides the drugs to not feel so ick? and would you say I am in another true flare?

MS is so lame. Thankfully, I have you guys!!!!
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (01-12-2011), mochagirl13 (01-12-2011), SallyC (01-12-2011)