View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Yes a flash drive, travel drive, or USB stick all the same thing...more or less - that would be better and last longer than a cd that can get scratched etc.

Go to your hard drive icon and right click - go down to properties - then you should see a pop up page that will show & tell how much is used - mine says 39.5 G used.

your HD should have 2 partitions - 1 is for the recovery/restore files & 1 for the xp system that you use.

[HP computers that ship with Microsoft Windows XP do not come with recovery CDs. Instead, they use a hidden space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery information. The use of a separate partition provides a convenient process that eliminates the use of recovery discs that may be lost or scratched. A system recovery from the hard drive may not be possible in some circumstances. Your computer may contain Recovery Disc Creation software. Recovery discs for Windows XP are available from HP for a minimal cost. See Obtaining Recovery Discs for ordering information. ]
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...ct=434459#N417

just guessed on the model number for your media center - but you can look up the exact model - but I suppose the directions are pretty much the same.

On the bookmarks if FF is an option then click it to open. that way you can verify that they re saved.

as long as you used the copy option , the original file should still be on the desktop also correct?
move option moves the files - copy makes a copy of the files.
that file on a cd is good - good practice too. now you know they will be there no matter what.

*P.S. I went to the Back up Windows XP thing and it says you have to insert a Windows CD Rom, ...I don't have one. *
I think it was asking for your restore cds, did you ever make them and/or is the section(partition) for the files still on your hard drive