View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawn600 View Post
Hi Wendy,
I did the 5 day inpatient ketaimine at the Hospital for Special Surgery in November and since have had 3 outpatient boosters with Dr. Shwartzman. I've also receive 2 cervical nerve blocks.

As for medications, before my inpatient, I was on every opiate you can think of, narcotics and on a collision course. I was in the ER at least once a week and even there my pain couldn't be controlled.

Since getting the ketamine treatments, on average my pain doesn't go over about a 2 and at most, on occassion I take a soma. My regular meds now include Mobic (anit-inflammatory), Neurontin (2800), Trazodone (1 to help sleep & prevent pain) and Klonopin to keep my nerves calm.

Before ketamine, I was on all of that plus Dilaudid, Oxxycontin, Morphine, Fentanyl, etc.

If Dr. Shwartzman said you weren't a candidate, I hate to get your hopes down but I do believe in him tremendously as I do Dr. Richman (my in patient Dr.)

Did he say why you werern't a candidate?

Dawn
Hi Dawn, So you did the inpatient treatment of ketamine, was it recommended to you by Dr. S.? Did you have any of the problems that I have read about on hear i.e. the hallutions etc..

Now you say you have had boosters with Dr. S. how long will this continue or are you done, I'm just not understanding I guess are these just treatments that will go on for a long time?

I also loved Dr. S. but have read on the boards that he has changed his ways, when I was there he did blocks everyday for 2 weeks and gave you sooo much pain meds, now if I understood correctly he would like his patients off most meds.

My Dr. contacted him, and he knows whats been going on with me ever since I was up there and saw him, and he told my Dr. that he felt I was too far along with the RSD that he did not feel I would get much relief and possibly aggravate the whole situation with my RSD.

My neuro Dr. told me that I should have no more invasive procedures as I have already had so much. Thats why I had my PM contact Dr. S. and I guess that might be his feeling too.

Thanks for responding, hope to hear back
Wendy
wswells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote