View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Mom's Latest update:

"I don't know where to begin this update. The past few days have again been hard. The positive side is that Claire responded better to the new pain medicine. What I mean by this is that she has stopped screaming all day. She is still in pain from the mucousitis however, and we had to go up the dosage. Her fever comes and goes, but they have taken her off of two of the three antibiotics because she is not showing any sign of an infection. The antibiotics are just making her diarrhea worse. It seems like we have gotten her pain under control for now. Last night she had to get platelets twice because of nose bleeds she was having. Swallowing so much blood made her nauseaus and we had another rough night.

As of this morning, her white blood cell counts are coming up! They are still low relatively speaking, but they are on the rise for good. So, hopefully, we will see more improvement daily.

I'm sorry for keeping this brief. I am just too exhausted for details. Please keep praying for her and please pray for me to have strength to endure."

Seeing what these parents and this child are having to endure makes me think twice before complaining about anything in my life. Please continue to pray for them. Their unwavering faith is such an encouragement to me.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-13-2011), Chemar (01-12-2011), Darlene (01-13-2011), Friend2U (01-12-2011), gramE (01-12-2011), hollym (01-12-2011), Koala77 (01-12-2011), mrsD (01-14-2011), soxmom (01-14-2011)