View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Slipped disc followed by erectile dysfunction

Hi everyone

Approx 3 years ago I apparently slipped L5 disc the pain was acute but gradually it went away with physio chriopractice treatments. Every now and then I still get the bad pain but it does not last too long.

However, ever since the slipped disc I suffered impairment of erectile function. I never mentioned this to the doctor as I was embarrased. The situation is not total, just impaired and I have had to work around the problem with some success. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with sciatica in left leg with knee jerk weakness on testing. The leg is painful to walk on.

I cannot help but think this is related to the previous disc injury. The pain is more down the leg than central pain in the spine. No other symptoms, bladder, bowel okay .

Is this typical in a spine related problem like disc injury, I am 48 years old

I am really concernd that this may progress to some form of debility. I dangerously read on the Internet about Caudia Equina but the only red flag I have is 3 years of erectile dysfunction but even here some articles do not mention erectile function as a red flag, only bowel, bladder and saddle numbness as red flags.

Please if you can comment I would be thankful

UK Man
ukman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote