Thread: Tramadol
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 06:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbyWithRSD View Post
See this is more what I ment - Not necessarly that he would have to worry about "addiction" but didnt know how to word it. We/He's worried that his body would become dependent on something and then the Dr would pull the rug out from under him after taking it for months or years then where would he be? Thats what happened to brother in laws uncle (story mentioned above) and then we've heard other stories - (yours included) - Hubby hates even taking asprin for a headache and with all these meds they have him on he's really unsure about all of it. PLUS throw into the fact that W/C up and cut him off out of the blue in the middle of PT and other treatment, THEN throw into the fact that state insurance has not wanted to give him the meds the dr perscribed (wanted him to take Neurontin instead of Lyrica...things like that) and we've had to fight with them to get the exact perscription....it really scares a person.

Hi again, there is a wonderful informative article regarding addiction to narcotics in people with chronic pain in this web site:-
http://nationalpainfoundation.org/My Treatment/MyTreatment_Information_About_Addicton.asp

It is a very informative and reassuring article.
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote