View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You have been thru alot too but seem to be on the right track.

I think you are right, that maybe I was thinking this was ,not a cure all, but the closest thing to it.

The meds I'm on just take the edge off I'm still a good 7-8 but I refuse to take any more. too many side effects. I was also thinking that maybe because my B/P is always very high even on the B/P meds that I take, that this might be one reason maybe that the Dr.,s don't want me to do the ketamine. Have you ever heard of this?

How long have you had RSD? I know too long,right. You have a great attitude about the realities of RSD, I do most of the time, but being rejected for the ketamine discouraged me especially because I still don't know exactly why, I see my Dr. Friday and we will be figuring this question out, the reasons that no one wants me to even try the ketamine.

Congrats to you for really getting relief and being able to stay off the bad meds. and for explaining to me some of the questions I had I am still a little confused about all of this but glad that you had a good experience.

Thanks Wendy

had every day and at this point it's known that narcotics and opiates will actually prevent the ketamine from working. He has prescribed 2 nerve blocks for me so far with a different Dr. there at Hannehman but he's never prescribed any pain meds and thankfully I don't need them since ketamine.

I am truly sorry to hear your story but honestly, as frustrating as it must be, the total amount of meds you're on really isn't bad. If you can get through the day on those without being in horrible pain, that's actually really good. I know the loopy and fuzzy headed feelings and forgetfullness are annoying but alot of that is just RSD and the rest you can get from the meds I do take, like Neurontin.

I think alot of people almost think of ketamine as a cure which it is not. It does help dramatically calm the CNS when it works and reduces pain alot (depending on the individual) and can restore mobility to limbs. However, it is not once and done for most people unless it's within the first three months.

Until a cure is found, rather then keep fighting and stressing the CNS more, I think people including myself need to accecpt that the RSD is here to stay, now it's up to us to find the best way to live with it and hopefully through meds, ketamine, lifestyle changes, etc we'll take charge of it the best we can and if we get a remission, great.

Dawn[/QUOTE]
wswells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote