View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I have a good question for you because I just did a test on something. When Alan goes on the internet he gets the green blinking light and he loses the connections. This happens to HIM much more than it happens to me. He goes on these sites that are marketing sites, network marketing sites, affiliate program sites, etc.

So this morning at 11 a.m. I decided to see if I could play a game on the internet. I went to POGO and played Bookworm. I NEVER play games on the internet. Doesn't interest me. I've been on the internet for 15 years so I had my gaming experience.

But this morning I played Bookworm for almost one hour. NO PROBLEMS.

I then went to Start, control panel, internet options (I was trying to figure if maybe my firewall settings were doing the blinking green light thing.

I got to Windows Firewall and guess what? IT WAS OFF. I said "My firewall is not on? My firewall is supposed to be on"

Well, there I had been for almost one hour, on the internet, no problem, and I am now at the Firewall settings, I am seeing my firewall is not ON, and I check the box where it says 'ON, and all of a sudden my modem starts the green blinking light thing. I immediately turned the firewall to OFF. (Don't worry, it's no on again).

I said "wow, this is no coincidence". I turn ON the firewall settings and my dsl green light starts to blink????? so what am I to do now??

so I re-set the modem, I then went back to Firewall settings and TURNED IT ON.

I have no idea why this happened and I would love to see if this is related to why I have losing the internet connection sporadically for almost 6 weeks.

I have a sneaky suspicion that when Alan goes on certain sites, SOMETHING is interrupting the Internet Connection.

Oh, it has happened to me too. I would be on Verizon email and bam, I lose the connection, I would be on Yahoo and bam, I would lose the connection.

so how come I got to play Bookworm for almost an hour AND NEVER GOT INTERUPTED.

Any learned people out there?

lol
Melody
P.S. And just in case anyone new is coming here and reading this thread, here's he sum up

Been losing internet connection for 6 weeks. Verzion has replaced the modem twice, so I have had 3 modems in 6 weeks. Lines have been tested. They have changed my ports two times. Verzion tech people have come out 3 times and tested all wires, etc, (never was able to get into the NID), but everything else tested out satisfactory.

And I myself just went to the Modem Configuration site (can you believe I learned how to do this), and it said "connected" and all was fine.

So I don't think it's the phone line (my phone works fine and always has)

Cmon Computer people, chime in here and help me.

I'm 63 and getting to old for this stuff.
lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote