View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sadness or depression?

I can't really tell if the feelings I've been having are just plain ole sadness or depression. Is there a difference and where do you draw the line?
I've had a lot of changes in my life recently and I know they can be major life stessors. But there are times I utterly cry myself to sleep and just feel so......unhappy. I know I should be strong enough to pull myself out of it but I just can't seem to.
My mom died in early 2009 and I miss her terribly. We moved quite a way from where we lived before and I just don't feel comfortable in my new environment.....everything is so far away.....Walmart is an hour away and the small town we are in has....nothing to offer. I never feel comfortable driving long distances so I guess I feel a bit trapped.
I can just start thinking about some things and start to cry....like at the drop of a hat! Maybe I am just feeling lonely? My husband is not a talker and doesn't like to go out to eat or anything.
I'll be 53 this year and still having a menstral cycle so I'm not sure if its hormonal or not.
I mentioned to my GP that I've been feeling really sad and she didn't seem too concerned about it. Its not like I feel like ending it all....but I don't really feel like life is worth anything either.
I take Wellbutrin but that doesn't seem to be doing much. I have an anxiety issue that I wish I could get some help with. I'm scared to drive on any road where the speeds are over 55 mph. I used to get frequent "spells" that I call "off balance" or "like I'm floating" and while driving I would panic cause I just didn't feel like I was "one with the car". Maybe like I was moving separately from the vehicle. Very hard to explain and I think I have developed more of a phobia of driving over it. So that makes me feel even more trapped and unhappy.
Sorry this sounds more like whinning than anything....but I'm not sure what direction I should take to help myself.

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (01-13-2011), Blessings2You (01-12-2011), Dejibo (01-12-2011), Friend2U (01-13-2011), SallyC (01-13-2011), tkrik (01-12-2011)