Thread: need advise
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

andi,

Sorry to hear about how your boyfriend is treating you. He sounds selfish and stubborn.

You need to live your life with your limits and opportunities. If he will not accept you as you currently are, maybe it is time to move on. You need a stress free environment to heal more.

My wife knows that I am not the man she married 30 years ago. She also sees how my injuries have effected me and my personality. I know it is not easy for her but the accommodations she has made are making life for both of us much better.

Have you connected to a brain injury support group? You need the support.

Check out this web site. http://www.headinjury.com/checktbi.htmThe check list might be worth doing. You can answer it and he can answer it. Then you can compare your answers. It can be good at getting conversation and understanding started.

btw, What are the specifics that he is refusing to accept?
Does he not tolerate your need for a less chaotic environment?
What does he want from you that you currently are not able to provide?

Maybe we can help you see if there are any ways to accommodate him.
Or ways he can learn to accommodate you.

Besides my injury limitations, memory, sound etc., I have undergone noticeable personality changes at least three times in my life. My wife has witnesses some of them. My first was at 10 years old. I was no longer my mom's 'sweet little boy." I lost most of my friends at school due to those changes.

You may need some help learning how to relate to others from a more disciplined way rather than from natural expression. I have to make an effort to be a nice person rather that react the way my brain wants to. My brain is constantly telling me to react. It takes strong determination to make a choice to not react. My meds may be helping with this issue. I do not know for sure.

Keep in touch.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote