View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
the size should be smaller now that the clean up is done.
it removes old and unused files & fragments of info.

*Bookmarks*
Ahh ok I just checked the save thing as it's been awhile since I fiddled with it. your file is saved as a .json file right??
that is one to use for replacing, importing or resatoring straight into FF - that's why it isn't really readable.

If you go back to your organize bookmarks -and use the export HMTL option it will save the file as a clickable active list - easier to read and verify.
the other file will have the same information just in a harder to read format.
I've saved both ways just for the heck of it.

Firewall - hmm either Alan is turning it off?? I'd ask him because you need to know how it is getting tuned off.
or a virus or malware is turning it off.

usually there is a pop up that tells you when it is turned off - a little notice in the task bar.
But my Zone Alarm has it's own firewall so it turns off the windows firewall, I don't know if you anti virus pgm does that or not?

I don't know how safe all those affiliates sites are - have you tried installing the WOT in thru Firefox Tools/addons?
It places a color coded icon showing if sites are OK or not and will even block bad ones.

info site for WOT -web of trust -
http://www.mywot.com/

Hi.

Alan wouldn't know how to turn a firewall on OR off? He knows NOTHING about the computer except to go online. And he knows how to use Wordpad. But that's it.

I'll look into the WOT thing. I had never heard of it.

Thank you very much

Oh, and I'll look into the json thing also.

You have been a doll.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote