View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Silky,

Ok, so the new temp felt ok initially....... and then you went back for an adjustment, correct? At that appt the dentist discussed reducing the occlusion of another tooth, I assume that was to reduce the biting pressure off of the new temped tooth. He is right in that too much adjusting of other teeth can throw your entire bite off. However, it sounds to me like your bite is not occluded (lined up) properly to begin with... is that correct?

Having a full mouth occlusal equillibration done can be very hard to do because the bite changes according to the position of the head in relation to the rest of the body. So when you're laying down the bite is in one position, when you sit it's in another and when you stand it's yet another. Usually the dentist performs the procedure while the person is laying down. Once it is done, it is done forever.... there is no turning back. In some people in general, their bite is so off that no matter what type of filling or crown you put in there, the bite will not be right. A filling or crown can only be adjusted so much before it becomes totally dysfunctional... the same goes for an actual tooth too.

It is hard for me to say what should be done here. It sounds like your bite is unstable for issues other than just this tooth. Are you missing teeth and for a long time? Do you have old fillings and/or old crowns on other teeth? Do you have periodontal disease? All of these things can cause the bite to become misaligned.

With regard to the tongue becoming sore from the temps..... if no sore is visible, then it is a sensation that you are having to an irritant. What type of toothbrush, paste and floss do you use..... any mouthwash? Do you eat hard candy or lifesavors or mints.... things like that?

The test for elevated mercury or oral galvanic response is called Electrodermal Screening test. Here is an informational page explaining that..
http://www.naturallyhealthy.ws/eds.htm

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silky View Post
Hi Bryanna,

I'm at a loss what to do next. The new dentist made a new temp, then made one change to the temp. The temp still is causing biting pain and irritation of the tongue on #15. He told me to come back when the sore is there so he can see where it is. He did mention he might want to grind down one of the other teeth, and added it could make things worse. I don't want to take a chance on things getting worse than they already are. It sounds too risky to me to grind other teeth. It seems it would be better to work with the temp. What are your thoughts?

The first dentist who made the painful temp, wanted to do equilibration before he would order the final crowns. It sounds to me like equilibration is grinding the teeth also. I thought I'd never go back to him, but his office called and wanted me to make an appt. for equilibration. I was thinking of telling them I would only come in for crowns if they will do that, but no equilibration. What do you think of that? I have a feeling they are stubborn, and will not agree to that.

Maybe it would be best to go to a different dentist altogether and follow your advice of not give them any history. If the biting pain and sores on tongue can't be improved, I'm thinking I might ultimately have to extract some teeth. I can't eat without getting painful sores on my tongue. I can feel that this temp is pulling my bite too far to the left and also probably too short. The dentist who made the initial temp never measured my bite on the opposite side to make the temp. I think he just made it from models of my teeth that he had. The second dentist used the first dentists basic shape for the temp and didn't start from scratch.

I had read about the galvanic response some time ago. I remember reading about someone who had their gold crowns and metals removed because they were having problems with the galvanic response and electrical sensitivity. Removing the metals improved their situation dramatically. It seems that if someone gets pretty definite symptoms as shocks, buzzing and odd electrical sensations in their body, they may more easily attribute it to the galvanic response. (but they would also need some knowledge of that in the first place) I'm sure there are so many other conditions and illnesses that may start or become exacerbated by mixing mercury and gold. Most people probably never attribute it to the galvanic response, and probably continue to worsen as long as the mixed metals remain in their mouth.

I heard there is an instrument that can test the voltage in your mouth. Do you think that is accurate? It's not something I'm needing, thank goodness.

Appreciate any direction you can provide. Bryanna, you are the best!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote