View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Robyn....

Did you have the teeth out on monday???? How are you???

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn6447 View Post
Well I went to the dentist Wednesday to have my teeth cleaned and x-rayed. My dental hygenist was concerned about the abcess and the pain I have been having which seems like forever. She asked me when my consult was and I told her friday she said hold on a minute and I will see if he can do your consult today, they share the same office building. He came over looked at my x-rays and did my consult. He agreed with me that I might need a stronger antibiotic and prescribed me amoxicillin which I have taken plenty of times thru the years with no problems. He poked and prodded on the lump and when I asked him if I should be concerned about it spreading to jawbone he wouldn't answer the question instead said well when you come in Friday morning and I take the teeth out the infection will go away... Reallly not an answer. We argued about when I seen him in June and he pulled two opposite molars on the right side and I woke up as he was pulling the last one, he said "you may have woke up but you didn't feel anything because you were numb" I said "No I wasn't numb I felt every nerve with that tooth being ripped out" I then told him I had been shaking and sobbing with the pain he tried to explain that away as a side effect from the anesthesia. I then again denied that! He finally looked at my chart and decided the problem was all the pain medication I'm on for the trigeminal neuralgia. He said I had became intolerant to the medication and that was why I didn't stay under. all I know is I'm tired of all the excuses, this is now the 6th or 7th excuse about me waking up. We then proceeded to get into an argument about the trigeminal neuralgia and he tried to pull the superior act with me which I promptly shut down. I know what I have been thru and what I have done to try to find pain relief and I don't need him try to make me feel like an incompetent or worse a liar. He also placed derision on the local anethesist I went to in Sept. 2006 for nerve blocks which didn't work. I also see him for pain management. He implied the man doesn't know what he's doing. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black! If you can tell I'm aggravated then you are correct. Anyways after the consult my dentist came in when I asked him about the possibible problems of the abcess being in my jawbone and he totally ignored the question. He did his thing and felt around on the lump too. I left and made an appt. for Monday to get the teeth extracted. I filled my prescription and started it. I was in pain that night I don't know if it was from them messing around with the lump or having to talk. I found talking makes the pain worse. I was up all night with it. The next day I noticed my tongue had fissures on it and was very sore, it felt like I had scalded it. My lips were drying out, and they were burning also. I did notice my lower lip felt swollen. I spent the day just miserable between the pain and burning. I asked my cousin if I could possibly be having a reaction to the antibiotic even tho I have always taken it with no problem, she felt it was possible so I discontinued it. As I was brushing my teeth that night before bedtime I thought it could be the tootpaste. I had just had it filled a week prior and it is a generic for Colgate Prevident 5000. I have a real sensitivity to toothpaste and mouthwash. So I quit using it instead I'm using my grandaughter's toothpaste right now. I found some Bacitracin ointment yesterday evening and I have been using it on my lips and it's helping. I still don't know for sure what caused the reaction since I pretty much quit all triggers but it is improving. The pain kept me up all night Thurs. and Fri. finally right after I ate breakfast Saturday morining I suddenly felt all the pain dissipate. i don't know if the pressure was alieved or what but I was pain free all day yesterday until I went to bed last night and the pain is back. But I did have some relief after wanting to rip my face off forever. I'm still worried about the surgery tomorrow altho I know Bryanna is right that I will have to wait and see if it does any damage to the trigeminal nerve, I just need these teeth out. I'm extremely worried that I'm going to wake up while he's yanking and it's enough to keep me on edge. Whew I typed alot. I have been so tired and in pain for so long that if this soves some of that problem then great I just hope this old man doesn't make things worse for me.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote