View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 06:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The ENT I just saw put a scope into throat and said he didnt see anything. But to me that means no growths, obvious things like tumors, sores or the like. You cant see weakness per se. He did ask me to make the EE sound 2 times. He cant see what happens in my throat after I have pushed my throat thru a long talk or more than one. It does seem to have some sort of lockup at a certain point of me pushing. But I have this in other areas after high use.

He ordered a swallow test with contrast and ordered an MRI of my thoat- neck area with contrast. He did a good intake with me as far as him and his nurse asking questions so he knows he's not necessarily gonna see something IN my throat at that minute. I did go into breathing distress in a more obvious way in front of him. But I have found that my voice is getting softer, quieter cause I just cant push it out anymore in a normal way.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangi View Post
Thanks AnnieX2 for your feedback and clarification. I saw a pulmonologist who conducted my lung function test. He concluded that I could be dealing with vocal cord dysfunction because I was experiencing intermittent tightening in my throat with breathing problems. This was before the intermittent swallowing issues developed. My ENT just checked my swallowing function and didn't find anything abnormal. Is it common for people with MG to experience swallowing issues and have an ENT scope the nose and not find anything? I thought it was unusual.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote