View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 08:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
Just wanted to post a quick aside here - I know how careful we all have to be about supplements and such, but have any of you tried Fish Oil and/or Flaxseed Oil?

It's basically just an Omega-3 supplement - similar to drinking a glass or two of red wine.

Anyway, Omega-3's were recommended to me by my doctor. Although the studies have been inconclusive on many subjects, omega-3's have been shown to promote cardiovascular (emphasis on the vascular) health and to aid neurological function. They aid in the repair of damaged cells, and have been shown to have effect in treating everything from Huntington's to bipolar disorder.

As for me - when I increase my intake (I take supplements and drink red wine), I notice that I'm more likely to maintain a positive outlook, have an easier time staying focused, and my circulation improves. None of these effects are drastic, but they are definitely noticeable.

Again, taking supplements can be problematic depending on your specific medicines and medical conditions, but it might be something to talk to your doctor about.

Best!

BB, I take flax seed oil, fish oils and evening primrose oils. Good for you~
"Those with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, or other auto-immune disorders. Omega-3s may help relieve the inflammatory symptoms of such auto-immune diseases by suppressing the immune response. Thus, they can help reduce the joint pain and swelling of rheumatoid arthritis. The Arthritis Foundation says the supplements are worth trying. Clinical studies suggest about 3 grams of omega-3s a day." (http://www.wellnessletter.com/html/ds/dsFishOil.php)
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote