View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

i made an appointment with my therapist yesterday afternoon to talk with her and she has the same perspective as all of us have here. her and my psychiatrist are going to document my "emotional status" and have it added to my neurologists file, so we don't keep running into the lazy dr.'s answer of depression. i even asked her: do i have major depression and don't know it? like is that possible? she explained to me that i do not meet or present any of the clinical symptoms of major depression. i have suffered from major depression my entire life until about 30, so i think i can recognize when i'm not depressed. so i was glad to hear i am on track with the understanding of myself...lol...and am very glad they are going to provide documentation to my neurologist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
No, it wasn't your fault at all. And I'm sorry the appointment went that way.

I am seriously starting to wonder if neurologists get some kind of pay back by not giving an MG diagnosis. Or any diagnosis.

While this neuro "may be" an MG expert, he is NOT a CMS expert. How did he explain the biopsy results? Or did he think your muscle is depressed too?

How old are you, if I can ask? I'm 52, have MG and am depressed. Why am I depressed? Because I have MG and it won't let me do what I want to do!!!!

His conclusions were not very scientific, especially since he didn't appear to give you good enough reasons why you don't have MG. You may have one of the CMS's - didn't he even consider that? It is SUPPOSED TO BE considered when someone is seronegative and the clinical exam (and biopsy) are positive for destruction in the NMJ.

I literally cannot handle how you were treated. You weren't at fault and this guy was "showing off" in front of the students or residents, whichever they were. I'll bet you an EMG he was.

Do you have a full copy of the biopsy report? Are you going to send it and your biopsy slides to UC Davis and be seen there?

Listen to your instincts. There is something going on beyond any "mental" problem! All neurologists aren't psychiatrists first but they sure do act like they are.

Gather evidence. Take a deep breath. See a neuro-ophthalmologist if you haven't. See a shrink to prove you're fine. Get breathing tests. Get some ice cream. Get that biopsy result. Then go get some help!

Annie
mvoyvodich is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote