View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
What version FF do you have? Does yours do the automatic updates?
mine is 3.6.13 - up to date.
to find your version # click Help up on the FF tool bar & then the About Mozilla Firefox - it will say the version number right under the red Firefox name.

In the organize bookmarks /import & back up - mine has 4 options - doesn't yours have these?
backup
restore
export HTML
import HTML

Okay. LOTS to tell you.

Number.1. I have the same Firefox as you. I just checked again (didn't know I had to click on import & back up. found the options you indicated. I'll go and try this again later.

Now here is something interesting. As you might have read in my previous thread about how my friend lent me her laptop, don't even bother to try and help me.

I did indeed discover where the ethernet port was. Only it's not identified as an ethernet port. It's called something else. But I digress.

I never even got to click on any Internet icons and go online.

I hooked up what I had to hook up, I plugged in the power cord, and then I opened up the laptop.

Instead of the regular screen that one sees when one opens a laptop, I got a message that said:

"THE PREVIOUS ATTEMPT TO RESTORE THE SYSTEM RESULTED IN FAILURE, DO YOU WANT TO ATTEMPT A SYSTEM RECOVERY".

I just said "uh oh", closed it up, unplugged everything and phoned my friend across the street.

I said "Have you ever used this laptop (she's is absolutely not computer literate but a relative had given her a laptop). She said "oh yeah". and I said 'you used this laptop??" and she said 'yeah why?" and I said "Have you used it since your relative returned it to you?" and she said "Oh no, I just got it back last night".

I told her what it said when you opened the laptop and she said "Oh, Yeah, she couldn't get it to stop doing that, you have to hit some buttons, or whatever".

I said "well, thank you anyway but I'm not touching anyone's laptop, so I bundled it all up and I'll return to you tomorrow".

Can you believe this. Here I got this beautiful laptop, and I open it up and I get that message.

Now I REALLY hate these things.

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote